Sunday 16 October 2011

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - HEATHER R WALLACE






Did you always want to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?
I have to admit that being a writer was not what I imagined when I was a kid thinking about what I wanted to be when I grew up. Back then, I wanted to be a veterinarian or a cartoonist/animator. But, even if being a writer wasn’t what I planned, I’m still happy that this is where I ended up.

When did you first consider yourself as a "writer"?
Even though I had some of my writing published previously, I didn’t really think of myself as being a writer until the publication of my first two cookbooks (The Vegetarian Culinarians Cook Pasta and The Vegetarian Culinarians Make Sandwiches).

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in less than 20 words what would you say?
The name of my latest book is Rub-a-Dub-Dub, There's a Monkey in Our Tub! and, if I had to summarize it in less than 20 words, I would say: “In this illustrated children’s book, antics ensue when a monkey makes one family’s house his home.”

Who is your publisher? or do you self-publish?
I have had my books published both ways. WordPress 3 Site Blueprints was published by Packt Publishing while the rest of my books have all been self-published.

How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?
That depends upon the book. Rub-a-Dub-Dub, There's a Monkey in Our Tub! came to me right away while WordPress 3 Site Blueprints took around six months to write. It’s funny, because drawing the pictures for Rub-a-Dub-Dub, There's a Monkey in Our Tub! actually took longer than coming up with the written portion of the book.

Do you have a favourite out of the books you have written? If so why is it your favourite?
I think that Rub-a-Dub-Dub, There's a Monkey in Our Tub! and 1,001 Writing Prompts to Ignite Your Creative Spark would have to be my two favorites. My reason for selecting those two is that they were both just so enjoyable to create.

Which format of book do you prefer, ebook, hardback, or paperback?
As a reader, for the most part, I prefer ebooks. I absolutely love to read and I have to say that one of my favorite items that I own is my Kindle. It is a joy to read with and it’s so nice to be able to have so many books that take up so little space.

Where can readers follow you?
At the moment, the best place to stay informed about my new releases is through my author page (www.amazon.com/Heather-R.-Wallace/e/B002F5CS6W/) at Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment