Monday 17 October 2011

PROMOTIONAL SPOTLIGHT ON CIARA KNIGHT


CIARA KNIGHT


AUTHOR BIO (taken from Goodreads)
Ciara Knight began her writing career in 2008. She writes to ‘Defy the Dark’ with her fantasy, paranormal, and dystopian books. Her first Young Adult Series, Battle for Souls, will be published by Turquoise Morning press, with her prequel novella, Love’s Long Shadow, releasing in October 2011. Followed by Rise From Darkness (Book I) in March 2012, Fall From Grace (Book II), and Ascension of Evil (Book III). 
Also in 2012, her adult fantasy, Curse of Gremdon will be published by Crescent Moon Press.
When not writing, she enjoys reading all types of fiction. Some great literary influences in her life include Edgar Allen Poe, Shakespeare, Francine Rivers and J K Rowling.
Her first love, besides her family, reading, and writing, is travel. She's backpacked through Europe, visited orphanages in China, and landed in a helicopter on a glacier in Alaska. 



AVAILABLE NOW!



LOVE'S LONG SHADOWS


JUST £1.47 ON AMAZON

Sammy Lorre was cast from Heaven for conduct unbecoming an angel. Living in a demon infested small town with no memory of her previous life, she faces never-ending purgatory until Boon saunters into her life with a promise of angelic love. But is he an angel from Heaven or a minion from the underworld preying on her human emotions? To discover his true identity, she must risk eternal damnation and her heart.




THE CURSE OF GREMDON



In a world where marriage is forbidden, sex is only granted to male warriors, and the outer realm is full of murderous creatures, Arianna fights to protect the life of her only living relative, her brother.
Tardon, an elite warrior, is granted anything he desires by the Elders, but finds little joy in the voluptuous women presented to him. Born for the bloodlust found only in battle, complicated emotions emerge when he discovers his equal in the alluring warrior, Arianna.
Charged by the Elders with saving the castle from attack, Tardon and Arianna risk the curse when they traverse the vast outer realm to retrieve serum from the Tree of Life. If successful, the Elders have promised Tardon the right to marry and Arianna the cure for her brother’s death fever. Will their love carry them through or will the discovery of a great deception be their ultimate demise?



AUTHOR INTERVIEW WITH CIARA KNIGHT 


INTERVIEW TAKEN FROM RAI29BOOKREADNREVIEW BLOGSPOT



1. What is your name and where do you call home?
Ciara Knight. I live in a small suburb outside Atlanta, GA.


2. Do you have a pen name?
Yes, Ciara Knight is my pen name. J


3. What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or less words, what would you say?
LOVE’S LONG SHADOW
Sammy Lorre, a fallen angel facing eternal purgatory on earth, falls for Boon’s promises of angelic love…or is it demonic manipulation?


4. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
LOVE’S LONG SHADOW is a prequel novella to the Young Adult Paranormal Battle for Souls series coming out in 2012.


5. What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
I’ve had a passion for the written word for most of life. I wrote poetry in high school and short stories in college. It wasn’t until I became a stay at home mom that I truly pursued my passion.


6. Do you gift books to readers for book reviews?
I do send gift books, or ARC’s, to select book reviewers, such as you. J


7. How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book?
I was blessed to have Dawné Dominique design my cover, a great big THANK YOU to my publisher at Turquoise Morning Press for asking her to design it for me. She did a fantastic job.


8. How did you come up with the title for your book?
One of my best friends and number one fans, Julie, helped come up with the title. She sat on the phone and brainstormed titles for hours with me. It was a challenge, since I wrote this story after I wrote the first two books and outlined the third. All of them had three word titles so we stuck with that theme.


9. Is there anything you would change about your book? And why?
Not that I can think of. It’s fresh off the press so you might want to ask me that in a few weeks. J


10. Do you have a book trailer? And what are your thoughts on book trailers?
LOVE book trailers. I’m a huge fan. Although I won’t have one for this novella, I plan on creating one for the rest of the series and my upcoming adult fantasy, The Curse of Gremdon.


11. Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hardcovers or audiobooks?
That is a tough question. I still love the feel of a book in my hands but I mostly read on my Kindle now. It is just practical.


12. Are you a self-published / Indie author?
I’m published through two small presses, Turquoise Morning Press is publishing my YA series Battle for Souls, and Crescent Moon Press is publishing my adult fantasy book, The Curse of Gremdon, coming out by the end of this year.


13. Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
I’ve read several works of fiction more than once. I love Edgar Allen Poe, so I’ve read his stories a hundred times. I’ve read Harry Potter books more than once, and also the Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers. There are others, but that is all I can think of at the moment.


14. What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
I’m reading a couple different ones at the moment. I’m reading The Waiting Booth by Brenda Berry and The Demon Catcher by Jana Oliver.


15. Do you have any advice for other writers? And what’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
Learn the rules and then realize there are no rules. What I mean is, learn about all the terms being taught right now then write and write and write until you find your own path. Most of all, just keep writing. Oh, and find a critique partner! They are the most important people to ever join your circle of friends.


16. Where can your readers follow you?


Blog: www.ciaraknight.com


Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/Ciaraknightwrites


Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/ciaraknight


Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/ciaratknight


Thank you Ciara for taking the time from your busy schedule to do this interview allowing us a glimpse into your world of writing. Also thank you to Rachel  for allowing me to use your great interview on my blog!

4 comments:

  1. these sound fantastic. thanks for the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading Love's Long Shadow. Great story. I'm super excited for Gremdon to come out. I've seen earlier versions of the book but I'm ready to hold the print version in my hand! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phyllis - I'm sorry. I left a comment for you, but I don't see it. Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you enjoy, Love's Long Shadow.

    Lynn - Great to see you here. I'm excited about that release, too. Oh, and nervous. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandra 'Jeanz' - Thank you so much for having me here. I can't wait to read your review.

    ReplyDelete