Wednesday 9 November 2011

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - AMY LUNDERMAN




  1. What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarize it in less than 20 words what would you say?
Hi Jeanz, thank you for having me! My latest book is Demonsoul (The Misadventures of Daria Pigwidgeon) the first book in a young adult paranormal trilogy.
“Demon with a soul flees her dangerous family for an adventure in highschool, some things shouldn't be attempted.”

 2. Have you ever based characters on people you know or based events on things that have happened to you?
It’s funny that you ask that, because yes I do! I find that it helps to use someone familiar when trying to create a character, especially when you’re trying to find a basis for depth. Along the course of a story though, the characters take on a life of their own no matter what they were born of.

 3. Did it take a long time to get your first book published?
In a way it kind of did, even though I am self-published. They Walk (book one in my They Walk Trilogy) was written in the span of two weeks, but I took even longer to perfect it. Not only that, but it also took me a while to gather my courage to even put it out there for people to read it. I am glad I finally did though!

4. Do you work another job as well as your writing work?
As a stay-at-home mom of a two-year-old little girl, my free time is very limited. She is a free spirit, for sure. But thankfully (for mommy’s sanity), she loves her naps. Most days I crash on the couch and try not to make any noise, that is until the dryer or dishwasher goes off….
Then I snap into writer/mommy mode and make the two somehow work well together.   

5. Did you always want to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?
Honestly, I think I’ve always wanted to be a writer even if I didn’t seriously start writing until I was in school. When I was younger my imagination was constantly on the go creating so many different worlds to dive into. Finally getting the ability to put it down onto paper, made all the time spent imagining feel worthwhile.

6. Who is your publisher or do you self-publish?
For the moment I am self-published, but am always sending out query letters. I may or may not get picked up by a publisher, but in the mean time I write for the fun of it and that never gets old.

7. How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?
Once I get an idea, I work it out into a legible outline. From there I start the rough draft of the story, and quickly make my way through the edits. Once I have that squared away, I get to work on the rewrites, and get right into the finished version of a book. This usually takes me a little less than a month, unless I deem the book not quite ready, and then it’s longer.

8. Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?
I’m currently in the middle of writing two young adult paranormal series. Demonsoul is a part of The Misadventures of Daria Pigwidgeon Trilogy, and its sequel Paragon is being released near the end of November. I am also working on the fourth installment, Lacuna, of my Staying Alive Series. This one is hopefully being released late November to early December. There are a handful of other story ideas and even a few outlines I am also working on, but they will be on the back burner until mid-2012.  


Where can readers follow you?   

 Blog: http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/AmyLunderman
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Amy-Lunderman/200393960003656?sk=wall & https://www.facebook.com/pages/Amy-Lunderman/200393960003656
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4857038.Amy_Lunderman   


1 comment: