Tuesday 29 November 2011

WHITEOUT BY CAMBRIA HEBERT




BLURB taken from Goodreads

Lost in a world of white, I lay. Pain and cold were my only companions. How long would it take me to die? Would the cold freeze my heart and stop its beating? 
A red plastic sled saved the day. A woman saved my life. 
Unfortunately, saving my life might cost Grace her own. We get one day together, Christmas day, one day of bliss among misery. Too soon the tree is down and all that’s left of the cinnamon biscuits are crumbs. 
The people who want me dead come back to see their task complete. I didn’t have a plan, but Grace did. 
Never trust a woman with a shotgu
n.


I really enjoyed this short story and hope it was setting the scene for another book and not a standalone short book? I loved the strong female character who could look after herself and those in her care. The way she came up with a plan and rescued the man lol. I also enjoyed the descriptions, and how you initially din't know who or what was hurt. Was it a man? a dog?  I also enjoyed the interaction between the characters. There aren't many characters within this short book, but the ones that are are strong and well described and easily likeable.
I like the way Cambria writes, the books just flow so easily and you fall straight into the book and continue to want to know more all the way through them. Yes there's the odd typo but nothing that goes anywhere to spoiling or interfering the book in any way.
So Cambria keep writing more! You have fans already! 
The only fault i had was I wanted the book to last longer so I see that as a really excellent sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment