Thursday 15 December 2011

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - JOHN CORWIN





Did you always want to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?

I wanted to be an alien when I was a kid, preferably one with cool little spaceship I could hover over my house and scare the poo out of my sisters.  I still kind of want to be an alien although my mom has told me numerous times that I probably am and that her real son is living on another planet.

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in less than 20 words what would you say?

The working title for my latest novel is Sweet Blood of Mine.  Think Twilight meets incubus.  A hopeless romantic discovers he's an incubus who can have any woman except the Templar girl he loves.

How long does it usually take you to write a book, from the original idea to finishing writing it?

The first draft usually takes about 3-4 weeks, depending upon how much time I have to sit down and write.  Polishing takes another couple of months before it goes to the editor which usually takes about a month.

Where do you get your book plot ideas from?

The deep dark recesses of my mind.  Actually, I don't know.  Sometimes weird stuff occurs to me at the gym or in the shower or at the beauty salon while I'm getting my hair permed.  And then I write a little about it to see if it'll work as a premise.

Which format of book do you prefer, ebook, hardback, or paperback?

I used to be strictly into hardcopy, but ever since getting my Kindle, I haven't picked up a hardcopy at all!

What are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it? What format is it?(ebook, hardback or paperback)

I'm on the 5th book of the Darkfever series—ebook format.  It's an entertaining series:  great world building, good action, but the main characters drive me crazy.

Do you gift books to readers to do reviews?

Absolutely!  In fact, I just did a Read 2 Review on Goodreads where nearly 30 people asked to be a reviewer of The Next Thing I Knew.  As a writer, it helps me a lot to see how others perceive my book.

Do you have anybody read your books and give you reviews before you officially release them?

After my editor is done with me, I definitely get beta readers to pinpoint any other potential issues with a novel.  As a matter of fact, I'm assembling beta readers for Sweet Blood of Mine now.  I have a good-sized list, but I'm still open to anyone else who wants in.

Do you read all the reviews of your book/books?

Oh yes!  Once I achieve my goal of world domination, I'll know who's going to be part of my ruling council!  Muahahaha!  *ahem*  It's always helpful to see what people think of my book.  Reading is very subjective and I can't please everyone, but every opinion counts and gives me food for thought.

Thanks so much for having me!

Stalk me!


No comments:

Post a Comment