Friday 20 April 2012

AUTHOR INTERVIEW - LIZ BOTTS



What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now?

My name is Liz Botts. I was born and raised in Northern Illinois, where I still live.

Did you always want to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?
I have always loved to write, but being a writer never seemed possible, practical. Just a pipe dream, really. So in college I studied history because I liked history, and early childhood education because that seemed practical.

What can we expect from you in the future?  ie More books of the same genre? Books of a different genre?
I have three YA books out right now through Astraea Press. In April my adult contemporary romance will be released through Musa Publishing. Another YA book is scheduled for release in August through Musa Publishing.
As far as current writing projects, I am working on another YA with a similar feel to my first book, In the Spotlight.

Do you read all the reviews of your book/books?
I read every review that someone writes, good or bad. If someone has taken the time to read and review my book, I want to take the time to read it. Even a bad review may have a nugget of truth buried in it.

How do you come up with characters names and place names in your books?
Ideally my characters name themselves when they begin talking to me. Sometimes I have to pull out a baby name book to help me. Place names can be trickier. If I can’t come up with something that seems to suit the place, I’ll bounce ideas off my husband.

What piece of advice would you give to a new writer?
Be persistent. Don’t give up after one rejection. Listen to all the advice you get and see how you can apply it to yourself and your writing. Keep some of the suggestions and discard the rest. 

Thankyou for taking the time for a quick Interview Liz!

No comments:

Post a Comment