Sunday 29 July 2012

AUTHOR INTERVIEW & PROMOTIONAL SPOTLIGHT- REENA JACOBS






Did you always want to be a writer? If not what did you want to be?
I wish I could say I’ve always wanted to be a writer. I read such great stories about authors with an attic full of manuscripts they’ve written or how they started writing stories as soon as they could read.

As for me? My writing journey began August 2008. I was a stay-at-home mom and feeling a bit unproductive. I know a lot of SAHM are workaholics, always in motion, not an ounce of free time. Not me. I make sure the kids are well-fed, read or play with them a little (very little), then find activities so they can entertain themselves. :)

Well, the SAHM role wasn’t enough. So, I just up and decided I’d give my hand at writing.

Would you ever ask a reviewer to change their review if it was not all positive about your book/books?
Receiving a less than positive review is always a downer. Just thinking about it makes my body slump. However, I wouldn’t feel comfortable asking a reviewer to change views on my work. Haha In fact, the idea is absurd. How would I even go about doing that? “Uhm… Mr./Mrs. Reviewer, you’re wrong. Really, you loved my story, and your review should reflect your adoration of my book.”

Do you think children at schools these days are encouraged enough to read? and/or do Imaginative writing?
It’s been awhile since I was in high school, but thinking back to my days, I’d have to say no. Well, it’s not that kids aren’t encouraged. I think it’s more that they’re encouraged to read material they’d rather not read. For example, my high school years were full of plays by Shakespeare and literary classics. I’m still not big into those kinds of reads. I get the impression the same thing is happening these days in school. Reading for school assignments ALWAYS put a crimp in my life.

It sucks to think such an enjoyable pastime can be turned into a chore. Now if a teacher had taken me to the school library and said to find a book for a report, I’d be all over it. That’s the way it was in elementary school. I’m not sure why something which worked so well during childhood has to change when approaching adulthood.

Do you or would you ever use a pen name?
I do use a pen name. :) Reena Jacobs. My parents always called me by my middle name “Renee.” For some reason, my grandmother always called me Reena though. Jacobs is a family name. I’ve always felt closest to that side of the family. It just sounded right.

Interestingly enough, my brother is a poet/rapper. Nothing published though, no record labels. However, the name he’s claimed for himself is Jay Cobbs. It’s amazing the influences family can have on a person.

Where can readers follow you?
Readers can find me on my website: reenajacobs.com, Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4392112.Reena_Jacobs, Twitter:https://twitter.com/ReenaJacobs, and well, lots of places. :) If you’re on a social media site, try Reena Jacobs or ReenaJacobs, and it’ll likely be me.
Thank you for having me, Jeanz. 
Thanks for taking part in the Interview.

Your Blog details? http://reenajacobs.com/blog
Your Web site ? http://reenajacobs.com
Your Twitter details? https://twitter.com/ReenaJacobs

Any other details on your book you can supply?

BLURB from Goodreads
My best friend was more than just a best friend to me. Three words summed it up: I heart him. I’d never tell him though. I wasn’t stupid. Besides, what he’d told no one, but me, was a little something I wished I could forget… or ignore. He was gay. I guess gay wouldn’t be bad if I wasn’t so in love with him. Now it was just cruel.

Stereotypes run amok in this college love story: Parties, alcohol, hookups, and breakups. Alexandria Carmichael may find it a bit much as she deals with the unreturned love from the boy who completes her. When all is revealed, not only does she risk losing her best friend forever, but also herself. Without her childhood companion for support, Alexandria takes a journey of self-discovery but fears what she’ll find at the end.

Available at Amazon.co.uk



Connect With Reena Online:

No comments:

Post a Comment