Monday 10 December 2012

A POEM BY RUSTY FISCHER




           My Teacher Was a Zombie…
A FREE 
Poem of the Living Dead
By Rusty Fischer, 
Author of Zombies Don’t Cry



My Teacher Was a Zombie…

I think my teacher
Is the best;
It’s been six weeks
Without a test.

I haven’t cracked
A single book;
Since she came back
With that faraway look…

*** 



Inside her eyes
That once were blue;
But now look sad
And stare past you.

And so her skin’s
A little gray;
But maybe it will
Be okay.

***  
She seems quite happy
To sit there;
So what if maggots
Fill her hair?

Okay, she only
Has one thumb;
But that does not
Make Teacher dumb.

***
  
She speaks out
Every once awhile;
And when she does
It makes me smile.

So what if “Brains”
Is her only word?
Talkative teachers
Are quite absurd.

*** 


I much prefer

The quite game;
Who cares if Teacher
Forgot my name?

The other students
Cringe with fear;
To me, she’s
“Teacher of the Year!”

***

Copyright © 2012 by Rusty Fischer
All rights reserved.

This is a work of fiction. All of the names, characters, places and events portrayed in this novel are either products of the author’s imagination or, if real, are used fictitiously.

Cover credit: © Jovica Antoski – Fotolia.com










No comments:

Post a Comment