Thursday 13 June 2013

PLAYLIST & SOUNDTRACK OF THE ISLAND BY JEN MINKMAN


Can you share the playlist you listened to while writing The Island?

Absolutely! I listened to the full score soundtrack for The Hunger Games and to the album ‘Wind in the Wires’ by Patrick Wolf. I especially liked ‘Rue’s Theme’ from The Hunger Games and ‘Shipping News’, ‘Penzance’ and ‘Wind in the Wires’ by Patrick Wolf. The HG score put me in the right mood to write a dystopian, and the songs by Patrick Wolf have a definite ‘coastal’ feel to them so I could imagine being on an island, listening to the sounds of the sea.




Please share 10-15 songs with us that you consider to be the perfect soundtrack to The Island


While writing the book, I listened to the entire score of The Hunger Games, but the following songs also fit the mood really well:


Patrick Wolf - Wind in the Wires
Patrick Wolf - This Weather
Patrick Wolf - Epilogue
Laura Veirs - Spelunking
Laura Veirs - Where Gravity Is Dead
Rosie Thomas - I Run
Tori Amos - Horses
Tori Amos - Not The Red Baron

No comments:

Post a Comment