Wednesday 30 September 2015

SERIES PROMOTION - PHOENIX ELEMENT BY JENNIFER KIBBLE

Title: Normality Twisted
Series: Phoenix Element
Author: Jennifer Kibble
Cover Design: Eric White
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Release Date: 14th July 2015

BLURB from Goodreads
Could an entity from another plane of existence be inhabiting a teenage girl? The lines between good and evil are blurred when one wants to be freed. JB must discover who she once was and learn how to control her new founded magical abilities.


PURCHASE LINKS


Title: Mages Of Vane
Series: Phoenix Element
Author: Jennifer Kibble
Cover Design: Eric White
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Release Date: 24th August 2015

BLURB from Goodreads
Welcome to the Vane Magic School. The entity known as Ashima is no longer screaming within Anya's mind. Anya now begins her new life learning about magic, auras, and making new friends. Unbeknownst to Anya, she stands at the cusp of a war that has been brewing for centuries.

The mages of Vane must protect their home and school from The Order of Blood and their hidden leader. If Vane falls, other worlds will follow suit.


PURCHASE LINKS


AUTHOR INTERVIEW

What is your name, where were you born and where do you live now? 
Jennifer Kibble...and yes, I did get picked on for my last name. Born, raised, and still currently live in South Florida. People tend to be shocked when they meet an actual Floridian. They tend to poke my arm with a three foot stick.

Did you always want to be a writer? If not what did you want to be? 
Yes and no. It was a means of escape. But to be a writer, I thought that was impossible, left to other people who are not me. You pour your heart into words in hopes that someone, somewhere will enjoy your work. It isn't easy but it is worth it.

Do you work another job as well as your writing work? 
It would be easy to spend my entire time to my writing but alas, it doesn't pay the bills. I have a "day job" as a cook.

What is the name of your latest book, and if you had to summarise it in less than 20 words what would you say? 
Phoenix Element: Mages of Vane is the name of my latest book, released at the end of August. Anya isn't bothered with an alien speaking in her mind anymore. She's learning about magic but something is lurking, waiting...

Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series? 
Phoenix Element is a series. I plan on stopping after the third book to work on another project. I'm not saying that I will stop with Phoenix Element, but the current story arc ends in book three.  

What genre would you place your books into? 
Fantasy adventure.

How long have you been writing?, and who or what inspired you to write? 
I started in the fifth grade when my teacher gave us the assignment to write something each week. I still have that notebook!

Where do you get your book plot ideas from?What/Who is your inspiration? 
Various video games, books, and Doctor Who.

Do you have a certain routine you have for writing? ie You listen to music, sit in a certain chair? 
98% of the time I must have music playing. I will seek out songs that fit the mood of the current scene that I am working on.

Would you ever ask a reviewer to change their review if it was not all positive about your book/books? 
No way. Not everyone is going to like your work. And if I can learn from a negative review, then all the better.

Do you choose a title first, or write the book then choose the title? 
Write first, title later. I still have no idea what I am calling the third book, but I have started the rough draft.

How do you come up with characters names and place names in your books? 
I randomly type out letters. I'm serious. Tahsa (see, I just typed out those letters. But if she was a character, I would type it as Ta'hsa). Not all characters follow this rule. Some are nicknames from friends and family. Or names that I've always liked. When I meet someone new, and they have a name that I like, I try to think of a new character just so I could use said name.

Have you ever based characters on people you know or based events on things that have happened to you? 
Yep. I was told "write what you know" and then exaggerate it!

What is your favourite book and Why?  Have you read it more than once? 
I loved Christopher Pike's The Starlight Crystal when I was a teenager. I've read it several times and still own my original copy. However the book is a bit worn out.

Do you think books transfer to movies well? Which is you favourite/worst  book to movie transfer? 
I watched the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit trilogies before I read the books. This is a great example of both movies and books being fantastic. Each have their strengths and weakness and both complement each other very well. The movies have long drawn out parts, as well as the books. However, overall, I love both. I've only read one Percy Jackson book, the first one. I then saw the movie based on The Lightning Thief. It was awful. I was screaming internally as I watch the movie. And the one character that I wanted to see on the big screen was cut! I want to read the entire series but I will be skipping out on any movies made.

What are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it? What format is it?(ebook, hardback or paperback) 
The Icewind Dale Trilogy by R. A. Salvatore. I've got a long way to go before I finish up the story of the dark elf named Drizzt. Once I start reading a series that I like, I still with it and I will not read another book until that series is finished. A bit odd, but I feel it takes me out of the fantasy book world that I am in when I attempt to read a book not in said series.

Did you read a lot at school and write lots of stories or is being a writer something newer in your life? 
Yes! Programs like Book It! encouraged me to read more. I am competitive and I loved trying to read more books than the rest of the students. I wrote a lot in both elementary and middle school (I still have those notebooks!). I wrote short stories, series, and poetry.

Did you have a favourite author as a child?
Christopher Pike,  and R. L. Stine.

This or That...

Paperback or E-book? 
Paperback! Love the feel of a book in my hands.


Early Nights or Late Nights? 
Late nights. I could blame my work schedule, but I've been a night owl since high school.

Coffee or Tea? 
Why not both? I do find writing easier when I have a nice cup of coffee on my desk.

Mild Cheeses, Medium Cheeses or Strong Cheeses? 
All cheese! I am a huge fan of cheese. Except for swiss.



Where can readers follow you?
Blog

Facebook page
Goodreads author page
Twitter: 
Amazon
Tumblr
Instagram


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for having me!

    I wanted to add that I am giving away a free copy of Mages of Vane over at Goodreads! https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26158463-mages-of-vane

    ReplyDelete